How many times have you seen a very attractive lady but you just can’t seem to get yourself to approach her? How many times have you tried starting a conversation with a girl you like but ended up muttering something gibberish instead? How many times did your efforts end up in a nightmare? Well, if you can relate to these scenarios, you really need to read Shy Guys article to increase your chances of having a girlfriend!
The Problem with Shyness
Needless to say, shyness can lead to a number of problems. Shy guys find difficulties interacting with people, making friends and maintaining meaningful relationships. Shy people, not only guys, may either be too preoccupied with their own imperfections or something may have happened to them during their childhood that led to this problem. They may be evaluating themselves most of the time that they miss out on a lot of good things that may have happened to them if only they were paying more attention to others, and not so much on their perceived flaws and shortcomings about themselves. Or they may be finding it hard to control their fears, especially their fear of being rejected.
But no matter what the underlying reason is, there’s just one hard fact you need to realize – most women just don’t like shy guys. While this isn’t true in all cases (some women are more attracted to shy types), a great majority would rather go out with more confident men. Isn’t this a good enough reason for you to dump your shyness? It should be.
Overcoming Your Shyness around Women
Millions of men around the world are experiencing this problem. What’s surprising, however, is that most of these men are extremely confident around other men. But when it comes to interacting with women, they flunk out big time! So, what should you do if you really want to get over your fear of approaching, and dating, girls? Here are some suggestions that may help you achieve your goals:
- Understand the reason for your shyness. The first step to conquering shyness is to understand where it is coming from. Only then can you find ways on how to overcome it.
- Build your self confidence. This is something most shy guys lack – self confidence. So, if you want to meet attractive women and have better chances of developing meaningful relationships with the opposite sex in the very near future, you need to get over it – fast! Do not dwell on the negatives – reinforce the positives! Even if you’re no Brad Pitt, you have to think that you’re someone most women would love to love. Do that and see what difference it makes.
- Act and dress confidently. Now that you’re feeling more confident inside, you need to make it show on the outside. Wear clothes that make you look and feel good. Still feeling nervous about approaching and talking to the opposite sex? Don’t worry. They may not know it. Just try to look confident and get the conversation going. And hey, don’t forget to maintain eye contact when talking to a girl. It gives the impression that you are truly confident about yourself and that you are genuinely interested in knowing more about her.
- Be a better conversationalist. Read, read, read. Round up your knowledge on things that interest you as well as on things that are happening around you. Read books on topics of interest, follow what’s happening in your locality and with the rest of the world, watch movies or at least, read movie reviews. All these things can make for good conversation starters. And if you know a lot about a lot of things, striking and maintaining a conversation with an attractive woman becomes a whole lot easier!
- Focus on your date. As mentioned earlier, shyness can result from being overly preoccupied with your fears and your flaws. So, shift your focus to your date instead. Show a genuine interest in learning about her and understand what she’s saying.
Don’t let your shyness ruin your chances of finding the right girl for you. Keep these suggestions in mind and put them to action. I guarantee that you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results!
Have you learned something in this article? I sure hope you did!