6 Tips for Older Women Dating Younger Menis not something new – older women were, in fact, having relationships with much younger men ever since time began. However, only the aristocratic, along with the rich and famous, can get away with this unscathed. Ordinary mortals who happen to get into such relationships were persecuted by the society.
Well, all that was in the past, anyway. Times have changed – a lot. Today, older women dating younger men is becoming more and more accepted by society. And their numbers are quickly growing by leaps and bounds!
A Peak at the Statistics
Just how common is this kind of May-December relationship really is? Consider these:
- A study conducted by the American Association for Retired Persons (AARP) in 2003 revealed that 34% of women in their 40’s were dating younger men. Likewise, the study shows that 35% of these women actually preferred dating younger men.
- According to the data at the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the number of women dating men about ten years their junior rose by 23% from 1996 to 2006.
Tips for Dating Younger Men
While some may say that older women prefer younger men because of their stamina and sexual prowess, the truth is, older women are attracted to younger men because of their flexibility, their sense of adventure and their spontaneity. On the other hand, younger men are attracted to the sense of sophistication and life success achieved by more mature women. Older women are also more fun to talk to, financially independent and more sexually adept as compared to most women who are a lot younger.
If you’re considering dating younger men and you want to make the relationship work, please take note of these suggestions:
- Determine how mature he really is. If you are looking for a more serious and meaningful relationship, it is important for you determine how mature your partner is. Try to see how he handles his finances and how he gets along with his family and friends. You should also observe how he handles stress. These things can give you an idea of your partner’s maturity level. However, this may not be as important if you’re just looking for a more casual relationship.
- Find someone who matches your expectations. To avoid heartaches and future disappointments, make sure you’re both on the same page right from the start. Whether you’re looking for a casual relationship or a more serious one, make sure that both of you understand each other.
- Find someone who has the same energy level. Before dating younger men, consider what your energy level is. There’s no point in trying to match your partner’s energy level if you’re not really up to it. Don’t be afraid to let him know the things you enjoy doing. Just be yourself.
- Let him take the lead. It doesn’t matter if you’re older than he is. He is, after all, still the man. Let him chase you and let him have his fun while doing it.
- Steer clear of those booty calls! Beware of younger guys who just want to take you to bed. They are the type who will call late at night and ask if they can come over. Unless you’re okay with a no-strings attached kind of sexual relationship, avoid them at all cost!
- Remember, you are not his Mom. Some younger men are attracted to older women for they are looking for someone to fill the gap their own mothers left. Beware of these guys!
Now that you know what to look for in that younger man you are about to go out with, you deserve to have lots of fun. Enjoy your date!